“This degree is a culmination of the most influential six years of my life.” Scott Compton

Scott Compton

Ask business student Scott Compton to sum up his bachelor’s degree experience at Colorado Mountain College, and the answer you get is a succinct one:

This degree is a culmination of the most influential six years of my life.

Scott found the faculty at CMC to be the most valuable asset of the program, and also key to the deep influence his college experience had on his life. “Interacting with the professors is really what made my experience at CMC unique. Not only are they extremely knowledgeable – and experts in their fields – but they also are just all around good people.”

“I will always remember exiting Pam Burwell’s philosophy classes each week with the feeling of inspiration and overall mindblownness. Most of my classes turned out this way, with the majority of my professors. I never expected, as someone who didn’t enjoy high school, that I would enjoy school at the level I do now. CMC’s faculty helped me to see that learning and education can be great – and something to enjoy, not just work. The connections from fellow CMC students and instructors have brought positive change to my life, and helped me find myself.”

The college’s location in Steamboat Springs was also key for the aspiring business entrepreneur. Steamboat is home to many outdoor and ski and snowboard business industries, a factor that helped garner a valuable internship for Compton with Honey Stinger, a Steamboat Springs-based company that distributes energy foods worldwide.

“I chose CMC for the location,” says Scott. “Why would you live in Colorado and not locate yourself in the mountains? I never would have guessed six years ago that I would still be living here. The experiences I have had in this town far surpassed any of my expectations.”