“I’ve been accepted to the MBA program at University of Denver’s Daniels College of Business.” Rebecca Kanaly

CMC Student Rebecca KanalyWhen Rebecca Kanaly received her CMC associate degree two years ago, she told a local reporter that she wanted to be “the first person to earn a bachelor’s degree from the Edwards campus.”  Kanaly is on track to earn the title: She’ll graduate this May with a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration (BSBA).  And she’s already moving onto the next stage of her education: Kanaly has been accepted to the MBA program at the University of Denver’s Daniels College of Business.

At the start of her bachelor’s degree journey at Colorado Mountain College, Kanaly took on the responsibility of the care of her father, who received a traumatic brain injury (TBI) during her childhood. When she couldn’t find a local organization that offered adult day care for individuals with traumatic brain injuries, she started one, using the knowledge she was learning in her degree. Her organization, Eagle Valley Senior Life, just received 501c3 designation.

At a recent speech she presented at CMC in Edwards, Kanaly shared the story of the impact of her father’s injury as well as the following thoughts on her academic journey:
Colorado Mountain College proved to be a necessary piece of my growth as a change leader in the community. I have learned how to be a business leader who embraces sustainability concepts. I am humbled by an increased awareness of my individual responsibilities, and strengthened by a foundation of education, professional experience, and exposure to relieving social disparity. I am still aligned with ‘Be the change you wish to see.’”

Back